Sunday, May 24, 2009

May something near the end

I've been home a week and 2 days. It feels like Purchase was decades ago. I can't seem to find a job, though I haven't looked all that hard. I drove to Rutherford and hand-painted this steel mailbox for a company (replied to a craigslist post) and got $55 for it, next day get a call from the guy saying the paint chipped off and it wasn't 100% accurate to their design. So i had to send him $45 back. I worked on that for 5 hours straight one day, driving to and from Rutherford in the same day. For $10. 
Small town, I don't know how much longer I can stand you.
I went up to sussex county yesterday, to my mom's fiancee's town for an oldies car show and some food, and it was real cute, the atmosphere, but the ages ran from 2-10 and then 30+. I really wonder what people in such sprawled out farm towns like that one do in their spare time. I think it's bad here, hm. If I were outgoing, I really would just ask people my age in every place that I go what they typically do. I just want to know that kind of stuff, but I don't think it's really okay to just ask people those things. They'd find it weird. I'd find it weird, at first.
I can't wait to see Animal Collective in August. I hope I really get to go down to Seaside with my friends for a weekend, and go camping. I want to do so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment